Do any of you feel slightly explosive when asked the question ‘what have you been doing all day?’ and realising that despite your best efforts, there’s not much to show for it? Seriously, if ever a question invited domestic violence, that one would surely top the list. You know you’re ready for an overhaul if any of these apply to you:
- You’re sick of doing laundry at 10pm
- You procrastinate by absorbing yourself in social media, housework and emails
- You procrastinate by over-doing the housework when a big project looms
- You’ve overloaded your kids with extra-curricular commitments so none of you have time to stop and breathe
- You started your business so you could have a better lifestyle…but the business has taken over your life
- You’re tired of missing out on school sports day or other kids’ activities because you had to play catch up and didn’t plan ahead
- You’re sick of your messy house and office and want it sorted out FOREVER
- You do WAY too much housework…and for what purpose?
- You’re drowning in email and paperwork
- You were put on this earth to be so much more, but you’re trapped in ‘busy’
- You want to reduce the stress and enjoy your weekends instead of playing catch up
- You feel like you’re always behind and miss out on things, which costs more money and even more time
- You want to free up more time to spend with family and friends
Thank you to all those who honestly answered the question – ‘What is your biggest time thief?” We had a huge number of responses. Eight categories stood out as the main time thieves. The chart below shows your answers. Take a look at the results and see which ones you want to knock for a six:
Here are all the activities you call ‘time thieves’. Some are obviously not ‘thieves’ but a normal part of getting through every day. But the point is that it’s about perception. If you called it a ‘thief’ it’s because you feel you’re spending too much time in that particular area. Administration, helping others, housework, email & social media, kids activities, failing to plan / procrastination, travel and work. The biggest thieves of all are the internet (which includes social media) and failing to plan. (Note – I would argue that kids activities are never a waste of time, unless they’re disorganised).
Good news – those are precisely the issues we will help you nail in our member program. Join now and we’ll get you started immediately. Failing to plan as you know, is planning to fail.
I’m very excited about the transformations that are happening every day in our member community. The 7 ‘secrets’ that make up the member program were taught to me by some of the most influential and successful game changers on the planet. These 7 steps are the ones that bring about the most profound results with our clients. If your children get to experience you mastering even a few of these steps through you’re modelling them at home then they’ll become masters too.
So next time someone (hopefully in full body armour) asks you ‘What have you been doing all day?’ You can say “I’ve been Milking It, by working the plan.” Isn’t that what life’s all about?