This month we’ve been guiding our members to overhaul their offices for success. When you organise your work environment, you optimise your surroundings for productivity and increase your ability to work effectively.
The actions you take today to organise your office will also save you considerable amounts of time, money and energy.
A disorganised office costs more to run. Supplies, tools and equipment go missing because nothing is organised or put away properly. Those things have to be replaced to get the job done, and twice as much money has been spent in the end. Plus, you spend valuable time searching for missing items, files or paperwork.
In fact, some studies have revealed that the average business owner spends nearly four weeks each year navigating through messy or cluttered desks, looking for lost information. Does that sound like productive time to you?
In our online course, ‘Milking It’ we cover:
- The psychological impacts of a clean and organized workspace
- The financial benefits of an organized workspace
- How to audit your work environment
- How to implement small changes in your office that will increase productivity
- Making sure that your office is equipped with productivity tools
If I haven’t convinced you yet, read these benefits of taking the time to create an organized and well-structured office.
- Better communication. An organised office environment encourages better internal communication. With a central area for staff communication, it is easier to share sales news, track targets, and plan and monitor projects.
- A manageable budget. Organised spaces will allow you to quickly see what you have, what you need, and when you might need more. This supports the creation and sustaining of budgets, especially for supplies and equipment.
- Increased work ethic and morale. When you and your staff take care of your surroundings, it makes the workplace a more pleasant place. Taking care shows that you value your work and the people who work for you.
- Better time management. Simply put, you spend less time looking for things and more time actually working. An organized office will complement and support your time management strategies.
Stay tuned for some office organizing tips.